Just like your clothes, your makeup should complement your natural features. And what better way to accentuate your gorgeous eyes than with a little gel eyeliner? But with all the colors out there, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That's why we've put together this quick guide on how to choose the best gel eyeliner color for your eye color. Keep reading to find out more!
Brown Eyes: Chocolate, Bronze, or Espresso Hue
If you have brown eyes, you're in luck—almost any shade of gel eyeliner will look great on you! We recommend choosing a chocolate, bronze, or espresso hue to really make your eyes pop. Not sure which color to go for? Why not try all three and see which one you like best?
Blue Eyes: Royal Blue or Navy
blue-eyed beauties should definitely try a royal blue or navy gel eyeliner. These colors will really make your eyes stand out and give you a sexy, sultry look. Just make sure to avoid black liner, as it can make your eyes look a little too harsh.
Green Eyes: Plum or Burgundy
Got green eyes? Then a plum or burgundy gel eyeliner is perfect for you! These colors will bring out the flecks of gold in your irises and give you a seductive, enigmatic look. Trust us, everyone will be asking you for your beauty secrets once they see you rocking this liner.
FAQs about How to Choose the Best Eyeliner Color for Your Eyes
How do I determine the best eyeliner color for my eyes?
Choosing the best eyeliner color for your eyes involves considering factors such as your eye color, skin tone, and desired effect. In general, complementary colors on the color wheel tend to enhance eye color. For example, purple shades can make green eyes pop, while copper or bronze tones can accentuate blue eyes.
What eyeliner color works well for brown eyes?
Brown eyes are versatile and can work well with a variety of eyeliner colors. Here are some options to enhance brown eyes:
- Bronze and Copper: These warm metallic shades can bring out the golden flecks often found in brown eyes. They create a beautiful contrast and add warmth and depth to your eye makeup.
- Dark Brown: Using a dark brown eyeliner can provide a more subtle and natural look for brown eyes. It defines the eyes without being as stark as black eyeliner, offering a softer and flattering effect.
- Purple and Plum: Shades of purple, such as deep plum, eggplant, or aubergine, can make brown eyes pop. The contrasting tones create an eye-catching look that enhances the richness and depth of brown eyes.
- Navy Blue: Navy blue eyeliner can create a captivating contrast with brown eyes. It adds intensity and dimension while still maintaining a sophisticated look.
- Gold and Champagne: Metallic gold or champagne eyeliner can add a touch of glamour to brown eyes. The shimmering effect brings out the warmth and richness of the eye color, making them appear even more radiant.
- Olive Green: Olive green eyeliner can beautifully complement brown eyes. The earthy and rich tones create an attractive contrast and add a subtle pop of color without overpowering the eye.
Experimenting with different eyeliner colors allows you to create various looks and showcase the unique beauty of your brown eyes. Remember, personal preference and individual features play a significant role, so don't hesitate to try different shades to find what suits you best.
Which eyeliner color suits blue eyes?
Blue eyes can be beautifully enhanced by various eyeliner colors. Here are some shades that complement blue eyes:
- Copper and Bronze: Warm metallic shades like copper and bronze can bring out the blue tones in your eyes and create a captivating contrast. These earthy hues add warmth and depth to your eye makeup.
- Navy Blue: Navy blue is an excellent choice for blue eyes as it can intensify the natural color while providing a subtle pop. The rich, deep blue enhances the brightness of blue eyes and creates a striking look.
- Charcoal Gray: Charcoal gray is a softer alternative to black eyeliner and works well with blue eyes. The cool tones of gray provide a subtle definition without overpowering the eye color, giving a softer and more natural appearance.
- Brown and Taupe: Brown and taupe shades can create a soft, neutral look that complements blue eyes. These earthy tones add warmth to the eyes without competing with the blue color, offering a more subtle and natural effect.
- Purple and Plum: Shades of purple, such as lavender, lilac, or deep plum, can make blue eyes stand out. The contrasting hues create a captivating look that accentuates the coolness of blue eyes.
- Silver: Silver eyeliner can create a cool and icy effect that enhances blue eyes. The metallic silver shade adds a touch of brightness and luminosity, making your eyes appear even more vibrant.
Remember, these suggestions can serve as a starting point, but personal preference and experimentation play a significant role. Don't be afraid to try different eyeliner colors to find what makes your blue eyes shine the brightest.
What eyeliner color enhances green eyes?
Green eyes can be enhanced by earthy tones such as brown, bronze, and mossy green. To create a striking contrast, opt for shades like burgundy, plum, or deep purple. Rich, warm copper or gold tones can also bring out the green in your eyes.
Can I wear black eyeliner with any eye color?
Yes, black eyeliner is a versatile option that can be used with any eye color. It creates a classic, defined look and can provide a dramatic effect. However, if you prefer a softer look, you can try using dark brown or charcoal gray instead of black.
How does skin tone impact eyeliner color selection?
Skin tone plays a significant role in determining which eyeliner colors will complement your features. Here's how different skin tones can impact eyeliner color selection:
- Fair Skin: If you have fair skin, softer and more subtle eyeliner shades tend to work best. Light brown, taupe, and gray can create a natural look without overpowering your complexion. Avoid harsh, dark colors that can contrast too sharply with your fair skin tone.
- Medium Skin: Those with medium skin tones have more versatility in choosing eyeliner colors. Jewel tones, such as deep purples, emerald greens, and sapphire blues, can provide a beautiful contrast and enhance your eyes. Metallic shades like bronze, gold, and copper can also complement medium skin tones well.
- Dark Skin: Darker skin tones can carry off a wide range of eyeliner colors. Rich and vibrant hues like deep blues, bold purples, and vibrant greens can create striking and eye-catching looks. Metallic shades, such as bronze, copper, and gold, can add a touch of glamour to your eyes. Experiment with different colors to find what works best for you.
While considering your skin tone is a helpful guideline, personal preference and experimentation are also crucial. Don't be afraid to try different shades and see how they enhance your eyes and overall makeup look. Ultimately, the most important factor is choosing colors that make you feel confident and beautiful.
Can I use different eyeliner colors to achieve different makeup looks?
Absolutely! Eyeliner color can be used to create various makeup looks. For a natural, everyday look, neutral shades like brown or taupe work well. For a smoky effect, charcoal gray or dark brown can be used. To make a statement, vibrant colors like teal or burgundy can be applied for a bold and unique look.
Remember, while these suggestions can be helpful, don't be afraid to experiment and find what makes you feel confident and beautiful. Personal preference and creativity play a significant role in choosing the best eyeliner color for your eyes.
No matter what eye color you have, there's a gel eyeliner out there that's perfect for you. Just remember to choose a shade that complements your natural features and makes your eyes pop. And don't be afraid to experiment—you might just find yourself falling in love with a color you never would have thought to try before.
The search for the perfect gel eyeliner is a never-ending quest. But fear not, weary traveller, for we have done the research and found you the best of the best. Click on the link to find your next favourite eyeliner for great eye makeup! From drugstore to high-end, matte to shimmery, there's an eyeliner out there for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Find your perfect match today!
Read our article about best hypoallergenic eyeliner here!
Read our article about best tattoo numbing cream here!
Read our article about best makeup brush cleaner here!