We all want what's best for our hair, especially when we've spent time and money coloring, straightening, or otherwise treating it. So, it's only natural to wonder: do you need a conditioner to make your treated hair healthier?
The short answer is no, but the slightly longer answer is... maybe? It all depends on your hair type, the level of treatment you're undergoing, and your own personal preferences. Here's a closer look at the pros and cons of using a conditioner on treated hair.
Pros of Conditioning Treated Hair
- It can help repair damage. If your hair is damaged from heat styling or harsh chemicals, a good conditioner can help to repair some of that damage and make your locks look healthier overall.
- It can add vital nutrients. Much like we need to eat healthy foods to maintain our health, our hair also needs nutrients to stay strong and vibrant. A good conditioner can help to add those vital nutrients back into your strands.
- It can give you softer, more manageable hair. Dry, brittle hair is more prone to breakage—but if you use a conditioner regularly, you'll notice that your hair is softer and more manageable, which in turn will help it to stay strong and break less easily.
Cons of Conditioning Treated Hair
- It can be costly. Some high-end conditioners can cost upwards of $50 per bottle—and if you have long or thick hair, you may need to use multiple bottles each month to get the desired effect.
- It can weigh down your locks. If you have fine or oily hair, using a conditioner can weigh down your strands and make them look greasy or flat. In this case, it's best to use a light conditioning treatment or skip it altogether.
- You may not need it. If you don't have any damage or nutrient deficiencies in your strands, then you may not need to use a conditioner at all—in which case, feel free to save yourself both the time and the expense!
So there you have it—the lowdown on whether or not you need to use a conditioner on treated hair. As with most things in life, it really depends on your individual circumstances—so take some time to experiment until you find what works best for you and your beautiful locks!
Are you looking for the best conditioner for color treated hair? Look no further! Click on the link to read all about the top products on the market and find one that will keep your tresses bouncy, soft, and full of vibrant color. Whether you prefer a traditional leave-in conditioner or a quick spray formula, there's sure to be something out there that meets your needs. So what are you waiting for? Head over to the link and discover why so many people are raving about the best conditioner for color treated hair today! You won't regret it.
Read our article about best concealer for dry skin here! 💋
Read our article about best dry shampoo for dark hair here! 💋
Read our article about best shampoo and conditioner for 4c hair here! 💋