They say that blondes have more fun, but we beg to differ. In our opinion, brunettes are the real MVPs. Not only are they low-maintenance (no touch-ups necessary), but they also have a tendency to look good no matter what they do. We all know that one brunette girl who can roll out of bed and still look like she put in some effort. But how do they do it?
The answer is simple: black hair dye.
Now, we know what you’re thinking – isn’t black hair dye for goths? And the answer is no! While it’s true that black hair dye has been historically associated with goth culture, these days it’s becoming more and more popular with mainstream beauty lovers. If you’re thinking about making the switch from blonde or brunette to black, then read on for everything you need to know.
Choosing the Right Black Hair Dye
If you’ve never dyed your hair black before, then you might be feeling a little overwhelmed by all of the different products on the market. But don’t worry – we’re here to help. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a black hair dye:
· If your hair is light-colored, then you’ll need to use a bleaching kit first in order to achieve your desired results.
· If your hair is dark-colored, then you might be able to get away with using a semi-permanent dye.
· If you want your color to last for a long time, then you’ll need to use a permanent dye. Keep in mind that permanent dyes can be damaging to your hair, so make sure to use a deep conditioning treatment once a week in order to keep your locks healthy and hydrated.
How to Dye Your Hair Black
Once you’ve chosen the right product, it’s time to get started! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to dye your hair black:
- Begin by washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Towel dry it until it’s only slightly damp.
- Put on some old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty – trust us, this part can get messy. It might also be a good idea to put an old towel down on the floor or wear a shower cap to avoid stains.
- Follow the instructions on your chosen product carefully – depending on the type of dye you’re using, this step will vary.
- Once you’ve applied the dye evenly throughout your hair, set a timer for the recommended amount of time and wait patiently until it goes off.
- Rinse the dye out of your hair with lukewarm water until the water runs clear. Be careful not to use hot water as this can cause the color to fade prematurely.
- Apply a generous amount of conditioner and comb it through your hair gently with your fingers. Leave it in for 3-5 minutes before rinsing it out with lukewarm water.
- Style your hair as usual – congrats, you did it! Now go show off those newly dyed locks!
So there you have it – everything you need to know about using black hair dye! Whether you want go gothic or simply want to try something new, black is definitely the way to go. To help you find the perfect black hair dye for your needs, we have done extensive research and reviewed dozens of products on the market. After carefully weighing pros and cons, as well as user ratings and reviews, we have compiled a list of the top black hair dyes available today. So if you're looking to enhance your natural black hair or try out a bold new color, be sure to check out our recommendations below! Whatever route you choose, we hope this guide was helpful and that you love your new look!
Read our article about best concealer for dry skin here!
Read our article about best white eyeliner here!
Read our article about best shampoo for permed hair here!
Read our article about Best Curling Mascara here!